My husband LOVES to golf, so several times a week he will spend the afternoon on the green. I support this 100%, as a happy and relaxed husband makes for a happy and spoiled me! Kidding, the spoiled thing at least.
On these nights that are filled with golf, my toddler, who will from now on be referred to as Butter bean, spend our evening outside, walking, playing, swimming or if its winter, digging out of a snow drift. So with all these fun things on our agenda, unless we have been super supper planners, we find ourselves hungry and in need of a good meal...quick!
This brings me to the chicken...so much you can do with one, the casseroles...soups...I could go on and on. But here is the deal, so often I want to make something and it calls for cooked, chopped chicken, and lets face it, many of us don't just have precooked chicken just hanging out, unless your a certain famous homemaker...who has lots of "good things", I have tried the precooked stuff out of the freezer and fridge...yuck...weird texture and hello sodium! So I took it upon myself to be prepared! Today's tip/cooking thing....roasted chicken breasts!
You can chop these up or leave whole, just make sure you put them in a good freezer bag and date or a plastic container with a date.
Please dial your ovens to 350 degrees.
You will need:
1 1/2 - 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry.
2 tbsp olive oil
kosher salt ( any salt, but I'm a fan of kosher and sea salt)
fresh ground pepper ( again any pepper is fine)
garlic powder
1 baking sheet
aluminum foil
Start by pouring the olive oil into the middle of the pan. One at a time, take a chicken breast and rub in the oil till covered, do this till all of chicken is covered. Next sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic on both sides. Wash hands....then take the foil and cover the chicken and the pan, make sure the sides are covered. Place in the oven that you pre heated to 350. Set your timer for 30 minutes, now walk away and go drink something cold and yummy or chase your child around the house. In 30 minutes remove the foil, and let cook 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Once cool, chop up or leave whole, or eat it, I don't care :-) But if you do choose to store for a later date, be sure you mark on the bag how many cups of chicken. I usually package into 2 cups a bag. Remember this recipe, because I will post lots of recipes where this little chicken adventure comes in handy! Enjoy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brilliant!
ReplyDelete